Optimal Mobile Services: One of the essential prerequisites for profitable growth is good service. pro ALPHA has put together seven measures. Document here, slip there: Paper still plays an essential role in many processes, whether to digitally capture handwritten notes afterwards or to transfer data to another system. The advantages of mobile applications can be seen most quickly where typing is still done manually today. Anyone who collects all the forms and checklists used will be amazed at the potential!
Experienced hobby gardeners know: A rich harvest requires good preparation, fertile soil and the right amount of fertilizer and water. It is very similar in companies that want to set up their service digitally and mobile.
Optimal Mobile Services: Mobile Services: Seven Tips For Implementation
- Target manual processes: Receipt here, slip there: Paper still plays an essential role in many methods, such as recording handwritten notes digitally or transferring data to another system. The advantages of mobile applications can be seen most quickly where typing is still done manually today. Anyone who collects all the forms and checklists used will be amazed at the potential!
- Map process data exactly: Service models can be designed in very different ways. For example, it is essential to map both time-dependent and runtime-dependent maintenance processes for machines. And, of course, the techniques for support calls should also be covered in addition to regular maintenance. Another point: If additional tasks often only arise on-site, it must also be possible to create service orders on an ad-hoc mobile basis. Relation to context is essential: Employees need access to all necessary data and should also enter new data quickly. Complicated user interfaces and too much information cost valuable time on site.
- Check the existing infrastructure: Mobile projects usually also require a certain amount of hardware. But not everything always has to be bought new. As part of budgeting, it must be checked whether existing devices also meet the technical requirements. An overview of all available devices often saves money!
- Editing hidden corners: A robust network connection is the heart of every mobile project. However, there are numerous use cases in which real-time mobile data transmission is impossible due to external circumstances? For example, if the user is in the basement of a building or a high-security area. The ideal case: as soon as the bars on display show the network again, the data that has already been recorded automatically continues to flow. A suitable mobile solution also supports the offline operation.
- Pay attention to consistency in scheduling: digitization starts with resource planning. Because graphical route and map displays help the dispatcher optimally utilize all resources, taking into account absences and public holidays, knowledge or certification of employees for special activities must also be included. The number of emergency services to be dispatched may not play a role here. If a plan is then “armed”, the information about who has to do what and when must reach the technicians consistently and as quickly as possible.
- Strengthen integration: A seamless integration between the mobile device and the service module of the ERP system not only provides the field service with all relevant information. The technicians also document their work quickly and easily and report back directly on material consumption and time required for invoicing. But that’s not all: Information from upstream or downstream systems must also flow without media discontinuity. Typical example: working time planning from software for time management.
- Establish key figures: Digitized service processes not only ensure operational improvements. Because all relevant data is always up-to-date, meaningful, vital statistics can be derived from it. Service management and management receive the necessary, solid basis for further adjustments and strategic decisions.
Mobile services are one of the most lucrative digital transformation scenarios. Those who cultivate this field with care and expertise can look forward to a rich harvest: Not only because this is how companies drive their productivity and growth. But also because it offers the opportunity to grow out of the shadow of the competition.