In this contemporary world of technology, People started using smartphones in an advanced mode. People own more than one Smartphone these days for their communication. With that note, android phones have spread across the planet in the blink of an eye. And also, the growth of Android apps plays a vital role in the business world.
It has to be accepted that, operating system became the final indignity to buy smartphones. However, Android is one of the most popular Smartphone operating systems in the world as most people tend to buy Android smartphones. Countless Android apps are being developed and released in the play store.
This current trend shows that every business should have mobile apps. People are more interested in smartphones than using their desktops. At present, companies are looking towards Android developers with proper Android Training. Before further details, let’s first know the basic information about content://com.android.browser.home/.
content://com.android.browser.home/ is simply a code or a syntax that alters Homepage settings for the default browser on Android devices. If you buy the latest Smartphone, this Code or syntax will develop with a fundamental browser. The significant feature of this Code is you can eliminate or change the web browser’s Homepage by applying a few simple methods. This Code has two distinct features.
Here “content://‘ assists us by accepting the content whereas the second part “com.android.browser.home/” indicates the name of the package. This department suggests an application to the default web browser on your Android Smartphone.
How To Apply content://com.android.browser.home/
As we have already disclosed above, the users must follow a few essential steps to apply or operate the content://com. Android.browser.home/ on the default browser. It doesn’t matter much how you change the web browser using a bookmark or the homepage settings; this Code will be very supportive.
What Are The Steps To Replace The Homepage Of The Browser?
There are various steps to replace the Browser’s Homepage on the Android tool. Now we will explain to you the four different ways to replace the default browser of your Android smartphone. You can choose any one procedure depending on your need to replace the default browser of your Android Smartphone.
- Altering the default Browser Homepage by using the Code or pattern. Changing the Browser’s Homepage by introducing Tab.
- Handle and Set as Default Browser Homepage
- Changing the Android Browser Settings
1. Altering The Default Browser Homepage By Using The Code Or Pattern
You can alter the default Browser Homepage by using content://com. Android.browser.home/. Here goes the stepwise procedure.
- Initiate the default web browser on your Smartphone.
- Now place “content://com.android.browser.home/” code on the location bar.
- You can notice a link from the Settings menu, which will ask you whether you want to alter the default browser or not.
- Finally, alter the default browser by choosing Yes.
2. Altering The Browser’s Homepage By Introducing Tab
This is regarded as one of the best procedures to alter the Browser’s Homepage for content://com.android.browser.home/ by introducing a Tab.
- First, you need to initiate the Tab you want to create as the default browser.
- Now, scan the ‘Menu‘ option on the top right corner.
- After scanning the ‘Menu‘ option, click on it to see a dropbox.
- Now search for the ‘Settings‘ option and begin the process with the ‘Set Homepage‘ option, which will remind you to place the URL, and finally, a new browser will appear which can be used.
3. Handle And Set As Default Browser Homepage
This is considered the most simple and easy procedure to alter the Homepage of your Android device Browser.
- Initiate the website which you want to set as a default browser.
- Pop on the ‘Menu‘ button and note the ‘Bookmark‘ option.
- Now preserve the URL as a bookmark.
- Click again on the ‘Menu‘ key and visit the history page.
- Now find the URL and long press on it to notice a pop-up link.
- Finally, Save it as the default browser.
Altering The Android Browser Settings
The most uncomplicated method to alter the default browser is Android Browser Settings. The following stepwise procedure helps you change the default browser without any difficulty.
- Firstly you need to open your web browser, set it as a default browser on your Smartphone.
- Now, move towards the Heading Menu Button, which is present at the top-most right side corner of the Homepage.
- Click on the ‘Menu‘ button to start the settings.
- Now begin to scroll down till you find the Settings link, and after seeing it click on the link.
- Next, you need to find the General option, then click on Android Browser Settings.
- You have to click on the ‘Set Homepage‘ association, which directs towards a new window.
- Insert the desired URL link on that window, and finally, you have a new default browser.
By following any of the above-explained steps, you can easily change the default browser for Android smartphones.
Now let’s look into the different types of homepage set ups for other browsers. Here goes the list.
- How to Start the Browser Homepage in Opera?
- How to Start the Browser Homepage in Google Chrome?
- How to Start the Browse Homepage in DuckDuckGo?
- How to Start the Browser Homepage in Safari?
- How to Start the Browser Homepage in Firefox?
- How to Start the Browser Homepage in Brave?
- How to Start the Browser Homepage in Microsoft Edge?
How To Start The Browser Homepage In Opera?
- Opera is considered less familiar compared to other UC browsers like Mozilla and Google. To set Opera as your default browser, follow the below-mentioned steps
- Open the Opera browser on your Smartphone.
- Tap on the ‘Settings‘ key, which is present on the bottom right of your mobile screen.
- Now open the Homepage and remove speed search sites.
- Copy the homepage icon and click on the ‘+’ button.
- Finally, Paste the URL there, and you can find Opera as your default browser.
How To Start The Browser Homepage In Google Chrome?
Google Chrome is considered one of the most popular Web browsers on the internet. Besides, most Android users go for this web browser more frequently than the other browsers. For the users who do not have google chrome as their default browser, you can set it in no time by following the below stepwise procedure.
- Install Google Chrome on your Android device.
- Go to the ‘Settings‘ menu and open it.
- Click on the ‘Menu‘ button on the left side of your display page.
- Find the ‘Home‘ option and allow it.
- Find Enter a custom web address and input the URL link in it.
How To Start The Browse Homepage In DuckDuckGo?
DuckDuckGo is quite a recent portal and can be helpful for the users who browse mainly. Besides, the results obtained are speedy compared to the other browsers. The following procedure is required to start DuckDuckGo as your default browser.
- First, visit the https://duckduckgo.com site.
- Find the ‘Menu‘ button in the search bar option.
- Find the ‘Settings‘ link and click on it.
- Following it, you will find the ‘Manage search engine‘ option.
- Search for the DuckDuckGo browser from the given list and make it the default browser on your android smartphone.
How To Start The Browser Homepage In Safari?
Safari is one of the best UC browsers among the web browsers on the internet. It is regarded as the best and simple substitute for Google Chrome. By following the below stepwise procedure, you can easily set Safari as your default browser on the Homepage.
- Initiate the Safari browser and find the ‘Preferences‘ option.
- Next, you have to search for the ‘General’ option and click on it.
- You can push the URL link in the ‘Homepage,’ or you can make it up using the ‘Set current page‘ option.
How To Start The Browser Homepage In Firefox?
Most users go for Mozilla Firefox as a substitute for Google Chrome. The advantage of using this Browser is, it can be amicable with various Operating systems.
- Initiate the Firefox browser on your Smartphone.
- Click on the three dots present on the top right side of the page and find the ‘Settings‘ option.
- Click on the ‘Home page‘ button and then tap on the ‘Set a homepage‘ option.
- Finally, Tap on the ‘Custom‘ button and pop the URL of the web page.
How to Start the Browser Homepage in Brave?
Brave is an open-source browser that is becoming more prominent these days. It goes as the best substitute for Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Open Brave and click on the ‘Main Menu‘ button.
- Click on the ‘Settings‘ option.
- Find the ‘Default Browser‘ button and select the ‘Make Default‘ option.
How To Start The Browser Homepage In Microsoft Edge?
Microsoft Edge is an authentic and trustworthy Search engine tool available on the internet. The following steps are required to start the Microsoft Edge as your default browser on your desktop or Smartphone.
- Initiate the Microsoft Edge browser and find the ‘Settings and more‘ option.
- Click on the ‘Settings‘ button and tap on it.
- Find the ‘Appearance‘ option and select it.
- Switch on the ‘Show home‘ option.
- Finally, you can select the ‘New tab page‘ and set Microsoft Edge as the default browser.
How To Solve The content://com.android.browser.home/
As discussed in the above article, most of the latest smartphones have an inbuilt content://com. Android.browser.home/ code. If you want to abolish it, you must follow a few easy steps as follows.
- First thing is you need to initiate your mobile’s default browser.
- Now move on the ‘Menu‘ button and select the ‘Settings‘ option.
- Click on the ‘General‘ option and install the desired homepage URL.
- Click on the ‘Save‘ button, and here is your final result.
Let’s Wrap Up the article by letting you know a few things. In the above article, we have clearly explained about content://com. Android. Browser. Home/ in the stepwise procedure can be easily performed by anyone who doesn’t have any technical knowledge. At last, we have also explained the procedure to abolish or remove the content://com. Android.browser.home/. If you have any more queries, please drop them in the comments section.
Also Read: Content://com.avast.android.mobilesecurity/temporarynotifications